Sept. 28, 2017
Want to honor a colleague for a highly coveted award? Submit your nomination(s) by tomorrow, Sept. 29 for AGA Recognition Prizes and the AGA Institute Council Research Mentor Award.
AGA Institute Council Section Research Mentor Award
Please note: two AGA Institute Council sections have undergone name changes. The Intestinal Disorders (ID) section is now Basic and Clinical Intestinal Disorders (BCID) and the Imaging & Advanced Technology (IAT) section is now Imaging, Endoscopy & Advanced Technology (IEAT).
AGA Recognition Prizes
- The Julius Friedenwald Medal, the highest honor bestowed upon an AGA member, recognizes an individual who has contributed significantly to AGA and has made lifelong contributions to the field of gastroenterology.
- The William Beaumont Prize in Gastroenterology recognizes a senior investigator who has made a contribution (a single accomplishment or series of accomplishments) that has greatly advanced the care of patients with digestive diseases through either clinical or translational research.
- The Distinguished Achievement Award in Basic Science recognizes a senior investigator who has made major accomplishments in basic research that have significantly advanced the science and/or practice of any gastrointestinal discipline, to include hepatology.
- Distinguished Clinician Awards recognizes two individuals who have exemplified leadership and excellence in the practice of gastroenterology; one awardee in private practice and one in clinical academic practice.
- The Distinguished Educator Award recognizes an individual for achievements as an outstanding educator over a lifelong career.
- The Distinguished Mentor Award recognizes an individual for achievements as an outstanding mentor over a lifelong career.
- Young Investigator Awards honor two young investigators, one in basic science and one in clinical science, for outstanding research achievements.
More on Recognition
Final Notice: Call for Award Nominations
Sept. 19, 2017
Submit your nomination(s) by Sept. 29 for AGA Recognition Prizes and the AGA Institute Council Research Mentor Award.
Sept. 29: Deadline for AGA Recognition Prizes
Sept. 6, 2017
The nomination window is open for eight AGA awards.
AGA Academy of Educators Educational Grant Awards is Accepting Applications
Aug. 18, 2017
The deadline to apply for one of four $1,000 grant awards is Aug. 31.