2015-11-23 17:47:35 UTC
Dec. 1, 2015
View details for six grants with deadlines in January 2016.
Six grant deadlines are approaching in January 2016; make sure you’re prepared to submit your application by the deadline. Awards are available for both established and young investigators.
AGA is now accepting online applications through the new Grants Management System, which streamlines the application submission process and will be used to facilitate grant reviews.
Apply now for:
- The AGA-Elsevier Gut Microbiome Pilot Research Award will provide $25,000 to support pilot research projects pertaining to the gut microbiome. The application deadline is Jan. 15.
- The AGA-Elsevier Pilot Research Award. A one year grant providing young investigators, instructors, research associates or equivalents $25,000 to support pilot research projects in gastroenterology-or hepatology-related areas. Two award recipients will be selected. The deadline is Jan. 15.
- The AGA-Rome Foundation Functional GI and Motility Disorders Pilot Research Award. This research initiative grant for $50,000 for one year is offered to early stage investigators to support pilot research projects pertaining to functional GI and motility disorders. This award is jointly sponsored by the Rome Foundation and AGA. The deadline is Jan. 15.
- The AGA-Caroline Craig Augustyn & Damian Augustyn Award in Digestive Cancer. One award of $40,000 will support a young investigator, instructor, research associate or equivalent who currently holds a federal or non-federal career development award devoted to conducting research related to digestive cancer. The deadline is Jan. 29.
- The AGA-Covidien Research & Development Pilot Award in Technology. This $30,000 research initiative is offered to investigators to support the research and development of novel devices or technologies that will potentially impact the diagnosis or treatment of digestive disease. The award also includes a $1,000 travel stipend to attend the 2016 AGA Technology Summit. The deadline is Jan. 29.
- The 16th AGA-June & Donald O. Castell, MD, Esophageal Clinical Research Award, a $25,000 grant, which provides research and/or salary support for junior faculty involved in clinical research in esophageal diseases. The deadline is Jan. 29.
We are also now accepting applications for the AGA Investing in the Future Student Research Fellowship. This provides 12 awards at $5,000 for underrepresented minority undergraduate and medical school students to perform eight to 10 weeks of research related to digestive diseases or nutrition. The deadline to apply is Feb. 5.
Complete information about these and other research awards is available on the AGA website. All recipients will be acknowledged at the Research Recognition Celebration at Digestive Disease Week® 2016 in San Diego, CA.