2016-01-13 17:53:42 UTC
Jan. 13, 2016
Your gift will assist in furthering basic digestive disease research, which can ultimately advance research into all digestive diseases.
The AGA Research Foundation’s charitable individual retirement account (IRA) rollover legislation allows you to transfer lifetime gifts up to $100,000 using funds from your IRA, without undesirable tax effects.
By making a gift this year of up to $100,000 from your IRA to the AGA Research Foundation, you can see your philanthropic dollars at work.You are jump starting the legacy you would like to leave and giving yourself the joy of watching your philanthropy take shape. Additionally, your gift will assist in furthering basic digestive disease research, which can ultimately advance research into all digestive diseases.
You may contribute funds from your IRA if:
- You are 70-and-a-half years or older at the time of the gift.
- You made a gift of any amount up to $100,000 in 2015 or by Jan. 1, 2016, which may count retroactively for 2015.
- You make a gift of any amount up to $100,000 on or before Dec. 31, 2016, to qualify for 2016.
- You transfer funds directly from an IRA.
- You transfer the gifts outright to one or more qualified charities, but not to supporting organizations or for gift annuities, charitable trusts, donor advised funds or any gift from which you receive a personal benefit.
If you are interested in this unique opportunity to help further our mission or want to learn more about IRA rollovers, read our FAQ.